Work With Us...
CDJM Architects are seeking an experienced Part 2 Architectural Assistant to join its studio in London.
CDJM is a progressive, design-led firm and our portfolio of work includes housing, one-off homes, extensions / conversions, commercial / workplaces, mixed-use schemes and retrofit projects.
We are a young company, having established CDJM in 2020 with the ambition of creating bold evocative architecture. We have now reached the stage where we want to find the right person to join the team and help grow our emerging practice.
Your role within the studio will include collaborating with senior members of staff to develop early-stage design proposals, up to assisting in project delivery on-site. You will work directly with clients, consultants and contractors, as part of our experienced team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on projects through all RIBA stages and should have a strong interest across the broader creative spectrum. Applicants should be self-motivated, with strong design skills and excellent communication skills.
Candidates must be proficient in the use of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and have excellent 3D visualisation skills. You should be able to support the production of drawing packages at RIBA work stages 1-4, have strong design and presentation skills, and be enthusiastic about learning and developing your own professional skills.
The position offers the opportunity to play a vital role in developing and shaping the future of CDJM Architects with us. We are a collaborative and supportive company that puts well-being first and we fundamentally believe in mentoring and guidance at all levels.
– Have the Right to Work in the UK with excellent written and spoken English.
– Strong visual and graphic presentation skills.
– Proficient in the use of Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD & Sketchup.
– Good understanding of planning drawings & construction details.
– Strong design skills.
– Ability to take initiative.
– Experience with Enscape / Vray / Alterative rendering software.
– Site Experience
– Where: Full time role within Wimbledon based studio with flexible / remote working arrangements considered.
– When: flexible ( Circa June / July 2022 )
– How much: Negotiable ( dependent on experience )
Please send the following to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject reference ‘Part 2 Application – June 2022’
– Short statement as to why you want to join the studio. ( 250 words max )
– Brief CV
– Portfolio of selected works including description of role for each
Deadline: Fri 17th June 2022
Interviews to be held on Fri 24nd June 2022 ( shortlisted candidates informed by Tuesday 21st June.
We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
Due to limited capacity, it is with regret that we will only be able to provide feedback to those shortlisted for interview, however, we really do appreciate your interest. Thank you.